Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has launched SATHI Portal & Mobile App.
About SATHI Portal
- SATHI stands for Seed Traceability, Authentication and Holistic Inventory.
- SATHI is a centralised online system for seed traceability, authentication & inventory designed to deal with challenges of seed production, quality seed identification & seed certification.
- This portal will ensure seed quality assurance and identify the source of seed in the seed production system.
- SATHI portal will consist of integrated 7 verticals of seed chain: Research Organisations, Seed Certification, Seed Licensing, Seed Catalogue, Dealer to Farmer Sales, Farmer Registration and Seed DBT.
- Seeds with valid certification can only be sold by valid licensed dealer to centrally registered farmers who will receive subsidy through DBT directly into their pre-validated bank accounts.
- There will be QR code under this system, through which the seeds can be traced.
Need for SATHI Portal
- Goods Quality Seeds are critical inputs for a robust agriculture. However, inferior quality or spurious seeds affects the agriculture sector output and causes loss to farmers.
- It is expected that if farmers have access to newer and quality seeds having resistance against climate change and new types of pests, agricultural production can be increased by 20%.