Context: US Department of Energy (DOE) and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) have together launched US-India Renewable Energy Technology Action Platform (RETAP) under the Strategic Clean Energy Partnership.
About Renewable Energy Technology Action Platform
- RETAP was announced by Prime Minister of India and President of USA during PM Modi’s visit of USA in 2023 for expanding collaboration on new and emerging technologies to accelerate the clean energy transition.
- RETAP is intended to advance new and emerging renewable technologies for deployment and scaling up in result oriented, time bound technology focus orientation.
- The initial focus will be on green/clean hydrogen, wind energy, long duration energy storage, exploration of geothermal energy, ocean/tidal energy and other emerging technologies as mutually determined in the future.
Work under the RETAP is guided by five themes
- Research & Development
- Piloting & Testing of Innovative Technologies
- Advanced Training & Skill Development
- Policy & Planning for Advancing Renewable Energy Transition and enabling technologies
- Investment, Incubation and Outreach programs