Context: Recently two-day National Workshop commenced with presentations from representatives of top tech companies informing the delegates about the developments in the field of emerging technologies for enabling good governance representing Microsoft, IBM and Google Inc, for making National e- Vidhan Application (NeVA) more accessible, discoverable, insightful by use of Generative Artificial Intelligence models.
About National e- Vidhan Application (NeVA)
- NeVA is a workflow system deployed on NIC Cloud, MeghRaj which helps the Chair of the House to conduct the proceedings of the House smoothly.
- Hon’ble Members to carry out their duties in the House efficiently and to conduct Legislative Business of the House in a Paperless manner.
- NeVA is a device-neutral and member-centric application created to equip them to handle diverse House Businesses smartly by putting entire information regarding member contact details, rules of procedure, list of business, notices, bulletins, bills, starred/unstarred questions and answers, papers laid, committee reports etc. in their handheld devices/ tablets and equip all Legislatures/ Departments to handle it efficiently.
- NeVA will completely eliminate the process of sending out a notice/request for the collection of data.
- The application hosts a secure page for each Member of the House for submitting questions & other notices.
- The aim of the project is to bring all the legislatures of the country together, in one platform thereby creating a massive data depository without having the complexity of multiple applications.
- mNeVA is a user-friendly Mobile App of NeVA that is available on Android as well as on iOS.
- mNeVA has made information on the conduct of business in Legislatures accessible anytime, anywhere to everyone.