Context: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has launched AAINA Dashboard for Cities portal where ULBs across the country can voluntarily submit their key data on a regular basis, through a simple, easy-to-fill, data entry form on the portal. The AAINA Dashboard for Cities is planned to be developed as a robust database of the key performance metrics of ULBs, which could be accessed by all stakeholders and by public at large.
Objectives of AAINA Dashboard for Cities
Primary objectives of the AAINA Dashboard is:
- Assess how cities are standing relative to other cities
- Inspire cities by pointing areas for improvement
- Providing opportunity to learn and engage with frontrunners
- Data for urban planning and policy making at state and country level
About AAINA Dashboard for Cities
- Urban Local Bodies will voluntarily submit their key data, including audited accounts and self-reported performance metrics by logging into the AAINA dashboard’s portal.
- ULBs would be free to update the information initially provided by them, anytime on the portal as per need.
- This dashboard has been envisaged as a permanent platform for ULB related data, which would be updated on a regular basis.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs will provide handholding support to ULBs/States in the data submission process through the Digital India Corporation.
- AAINA Dashboard will present the data submitted by the ULBs based on five broad pillars:
- Political & Administrative Structure
- Citizen Centric Governance
- Delivery of Basic Services