Skip to content
- Peak of literary achievement was reached under Krishnadevaraya, who himself was a Sanskrit and Telugu scholar. His famous court poet Allasani Peddana wrote Manucharitam.
- The relationship between kings, sects and temples can be explained in terms of four assertions:
- Temples were basic for sustaining kingship.
- Sectarian leaders were the connecting links between kings and temples.
- Though the routine supervision of the temples was done by local sectarian groups, the task of solving disputes concerning temples was in the hands of the king.
- The intervention of the king in the above matter was administrative, not legislative.