ADIP Scheme is one of the major initiatives of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
What is the purpose of AIDP?
- This scheme is implemented to assist the needy disabled person in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances to promote physical, social, and psychological rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities by reducing the effects of disabilities and at the same time enhancing their economic potential.
- Assistive devices are given to PwDs to improve their independent functioning and to arrest the extent of disability and occurrence of secondary disability. The aids and appliances supplied under the Scheme must have due certification.
Who is eligible for the benefits of the scheme?
A person with disabilities fulfilling the following conditions would be eligible for assistance under ADIP Scheme:
- An Indian citizen of any age.
- Holds a 40% Disability Certificate.
- Has monthly income from all sources not exceeding Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- In the case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 20,000/- per month.
- Who has not received assistance during the last 3 years for the same purpose from any source?
However, for children below 12 years of age, this limit would be one year.
Note: – Income certificates of beneficiaries staying in orphanages and halfway homes etc. will be accepted on certification of the District Collector or Head of the organization concerned.