About the Portal
- Sanchar Saathi portal is a citizen centric initiative of the Department of Telecommunications to empower mobile subscribers, strengthen their security and increase awareness about citizen centric initiatives of the Government.
- The portal empowers citizens by allowing them to know the mobile connections issued in their name, get disconnected the connections not required by them, block/trace lost mobile phones and check genuineness of devices while buying a new/old mobile phone.
Modules of Sanchar Saathi Portal
- CEIR module facilitates tracing of the lost/stolen mobile devices. This also facilitates blocking of lost/stolen mobile devices in the network of all telecom operators so that lost/stolen devices cannot be used in India. If anyone tries to use the blocked mobile phone, its traceability is generated. Once a mobile phone is found it may be unblocked on the portal for its normal use by the citizens.
- TAFCOP module facilitates a mobile subscriber to check the number of mobile connections taken in his/her name. It also facilitates reporting of mobile connection(s) which are either not required or not taken by the subscriber.
- Keep Yourself Aware facility provides latest updates and awareness material on different aspects related to end user security, telecom and information security.
Consider the following
- Aarogya Setu
- Digi Locker
Which of the above are built on top of open-source digital platforms?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Scroll down for answer