Context: PM Vishwakarma Scheme is a central sector scheme under Ministry of Micro, Small and Micro Enterprises to provide end-to-end support to artisans and craftspeople who work with their hands and tools.
What is PM Vishwakarma Scheme?
Coverage of the scheme: PM Vishwakarma scheme covers artisans and craftspeople engaged in 18 trades:
- Boat Maker
- Hammer and tool kit maker
- Sculpture and stone maker
- Cobbler/Shoe smith/Footwear artisan
- Basket/Mat/Broom maker/Coir Weaver
- Doll & Toy Maker
- Garland maker
- Fishing net maker
Benefits under PM Vishwakarma Scheme to artisans and craftspeople
- Recognition: Recognition of artisans and craftspeople through PM Vishwakarma certificate and ID card.
- Skill upgradation: Basic training of 5-7 days and advanced training of 15 days with a stiped of Rs 500 per day.
- Toolkit incentive: A toolkit incentive of up to Rs 15,000 in the form of e-vouchers at the beginning of Basic Skill Training.
- Credit support: Collateral free ‘Enterprise Development Loans’ of up to Rs 3 lakh in two tranches of Rs 1 Lakh and Rs 2 lakh with tenures of 18 months and 30 months, respectively, at a concessional rate of interest fixed at 5%, with interest subvention of up to 8% provided by Government of India. Beneficiaries who have completed Basic Training will be eligible to avail the first tranche of credit support of up to Rs. 1 lakh. The second loan tranche will be available to beneficiaries who have availed the 1st tranche and maintained a standard loan account and have adopted digital transactions in their business or have undergone Advanced Training.
- Incentive for Digital Transaction: An amount of Re. 1 per digital transaction, up to maximum 100 transactions monthly will be credited to the beneficiary’s account for each digital pay-out or receipt.
- Marketing Support: Marketing support will be provided to artisans and craftspeople in the form of quality certification, branding, onboarding on e-commerce platforms such as GeMs, advertising, publicity and other marketing activities to improve linkage to value chain.
- Beneficiaries under the scheme will be onboarded on Udyam Assist Platform as entrepreneurs in the formal MSME ecosystem.
- Enrolment process: Enrolment of beneficiaries shall be done through Common Service Centres with Aadhar based biometric authentication on PM Vishwakarma portal. The enrolment of beneficiaries will be followed by a three-step verification which will include (i) Verification at Gram Panchayat/ ULB level, (ii) Vetting and Recommendation by the District Implementation Committee (iii) Approval by the Screening Committee.