Context: Grassroots Innovations Accelerator program has been announced at the ongoing Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) 2023.
Grassroots Innovations Accelerator program
- Aim: To help grassroots innovators in farming with support for entrepreneurial, product and market development.
- The program is a result of a partnership between the NIF Incubation and Entrepreneurship Council (NIFientreC), a Technology Business Incubator(TBI) hosted by the National Innovation Foundation and Publicis Sapient, a digital business transformation company.
- This program is in sync with Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 9, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 to build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) is organized annually by the National Innovation Foundation.
- It aims to recognize, respect, showcase, and reward innovations while discussing the ways to raise the profile of India’s innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
National Innovation Foundation
- National Innovation Foundation is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology established in 2000.
- It is India’s national initiative to strengthen grassroots technological innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge.
- Its mission is to help India become a creative and knowledge-based society by expanding policy and institutional space for grassroots technological innovators.