Context: Indian poet and curator Ranjit Hoskote resigned after being accused of sympathetic to the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement.
About BDS Movement:
- It was launched in 2005 by Palestinian people to garner international support for their rights.
- It calls for withdrawal of support to Israeli government and end Israeli apartheid.
- It is inspired from the South African anti-apartheid movement.
Key demands under the movement are:
- End Israeli occupation of the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza and Syrian Golan Heights.
- Recognize the full fundamental rights of the Arab Palestinian citizens of Israel.
- Allow Palestinian refugees to return to their homes.