If a country is to be corruption free, there must be strong moral values in the citizens. ‘Nation of beautiful minds’ may refer to:
- Spirit of charity
- Innovative way of resolving ethical dilemma
- Spirit of public service
- Inculcation of philosophies like “Vasudev kutumbakam (Whole world is a family)”.
In the above context the father, the mother, and the teachers have crucial role to play:
- Teachers must inculcate values of secularism, gender-equality etc which otherwise may not be considered as a strong value in society or family setup.
- Father generally acts as a role model for children. Hence attitude formation by the influence of father is very high. Positive attitude towards hard work, punctuality, uprightness, honesty etc can be developed in children by their father.
- Mother develops value of sacrifice, service, empathy, compassion. She can teach children to develop tolerance and emotional intelligence.
- Due to strong bonding between parents and children observational learning is high.
Gandhiji was influenced by his parents in early childhood. Shivaji’s mother inspired him to become a great warrior and statesman. Chandragupta Maurya became emperor of one of the largest empires of his time because of the efforts and guidance by his teacher Chanakaya.