Public servants have special responsibility to fulfill the task of administration in fulfilling the rights of people and bringing justice and peace in society.
Some of the essential values in this regard for public servants are as follows:
- Empathy and compassion
- Dedication and commitment
- Democratic value for public engagement
Ways and means to prevent non-ethical behaviour in the public servants:
a) Anticipating specific threats to ethical standards and integrity in the civil services
- Integrity pact
- Minimizing direct contact between citizen customer and service provider to reduce rent seeking opportunities.
b) Strengthening the ethical competence of civil servants
- Better personnel management
- Ethical training
- Improvement of emotional intelligence
c) Developing administrative processes and practices which promote ethical values and integrity in civil services.
- Accountability tools Providing adequate protection to whistle-blowers