Land Degradation Neutrality Fund (LDN Fund) was launched at the 13th Conference of the Parties (COP13) to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in Ordos, China.
About LDN fund
- LDN fund is a first-of-its-kind investment vehicle leveraging public money to raise private capital for sustainable land management and landscape restoration activities worldwide.
- It will be independent of the UN and will be managed by a private-sector investment management firm.
- It will invest in bankable projects on land rehabilitation and sustainable land management worldwide, including:
- Sustainable agriculture, sustainable livestock management,
- Agro-forestry, sustainable forestry,
- Renewable energy, infrastructure development, and eco-tourism.
It is a state whereby the amount and quality of land resources, necessary to support ecosystem functions, and services and enhance food security, remains stableor increases within specified temporal and spatial scales and ecosystems.