Context: Recently, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty scripted history by winning the men’s doubles title at the Indonesia Open; becoming the first pair from the country to claim a Super 1000 badminton event.
About The Super 1000: A Badminton tournament
- Super 1000 is the best BWF World Tour circuit level, offering the highest points and prize pool.
- The Super 1000 consists of four tournaments:
1. All England Open Badminton Championship,
2. China Open,
3. Indonesia Open, and
4. Malaysia Open.
- The Super 1000 tournaments offer minimum prize money of US$1,250,000 (2023).
- There are no qualifying rounds in a Super 1000 tournament, and the entries will be closed 42 days before the tournament date.
- The main draw for all disciplines is 32, and the tournament will be held in six days
- Players from the same nation are not separated in the main draw of the Super 1000 events.
- The top fifteen singles players and top ten doubles pairs in the BWF World Ranking will be required to play all Super 1000 tournaments as well as all Super 750 and two Super 500 tournaments.