- A scheme under Nation AIDS Control Program to improve HIV interventions targeting people who inject drugs in 8 Northeastern states.
- Focus Area
- 20 high-priority districts of 8 North-eastern states including Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, and Meghalaya.
- Targets by 2020
- Cover 20% of people who inject drugs under Medication Assisted Treatment.
- 80% of these are to be retained for 6 months
- 90% coverage among Needle Syringe Exchange Program
- 50% decrease in HIV incidence among PWID
- 50% decrease in HIV-related deaths among PWID
- Launched to primarily implement the 90-90-90 strategy of the National Strategic Plan for HIV/AIDS
- 90% – Detection
- 90% – Retention of treatment
- 90% – Adherence to treatment (Anti-Retroviral Therapy)
Goal: Ending AIDS by 2030