- NFC technology is a short-range wireless networking technology that enables NFC-enabled devices to interact with one another and transmit information with a single touch.
- It makes it easy to pay bills, swap business cards, download coupons, and share a document with other people.
Working of NFC Technology
- It uses electromagnetic radio waves to communication to allow communication between two devices to take place. Because transactions take occur over such a small distance, both devices must be equipped with NFC technology.
- Devices must be physically contacting or within a few centimetres of one another for data transmission to take place between them.
Applications of NFC Technology
- Used in contactless banking cards to facilitate money transactions.
- Generation of contactless public transportation tickets.
- Network and building security.
- Inventory and sales monitoring
- Preventing auto theft and keeping track of library books.
- In speakers, home appliances, and other electrical items that we can manage using our mobile devices.
- May also be used to set up Wi-Fi and Bluetooth gadgets in our houses with a single touch.
- NFC-enabled wristbands may be used to track patient data in the hospital setting.
- Used for wireless charging.