Corruption leads to denying others their due. This shows a lack of core values like sensitivity, empathy and care for others.
MEASURES TO UPLIFT THE CORE VALUES IN SOCIETY
Role of Families:
- Parents teaching honesty through examples like paying taxes diligently, following rules.
- Grandparents sharing stories of exemplary leaders like Gandhiji to inspire values.
Promoting Value Education:
- National Service Scheme (NSS) in schools promotes values through community service.
- Value education made compulsory in schools after NEP 2020.
- Campaigns like Jaago Re! by Tata Tea promoted voter awareness and civic duties.
- Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan (MKSS) carried out mass campaigns to spread awareness about RTI.
Inner value transformation:
- Curb greed and promote contentment. Adhering to Buddha’s teachings to control desire and find happiness.
- Yoga Day initiatives aim at wellness and cultivating discipline.
- Promoting Probity and demonstration of accountability in public office
- Encouraging the use of conscience for decision-making.
- Recognize and reward honest officers
Encourage community participation in civic life. E.g., Success of Bhagidari initiative in Delhi.
Core values let us live in a society like different cells in the organism – with harmony and cooperation, leading to the absence of corruption.