The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the result of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2023. The result will be published on the www.upsc.gov.in website. Around 5.7 lakh aspirants appeared for the exam and 14,624 candidates selected for the main exam which will start from 15th September 2023.
Every year aspirants have this question in their mind regarding the cut offs and how are they going to qualify prelims. Since, the difficulty level varies every single year as well as the number of candidates selected, small shift in cut off in the prelims are expected. This year’s prelims paper is considered to one of the most difficult prelims and hence, those who are getting a score of from 80-85 marks (for general category aspirants) from the answer key of good institute like Rau’s IAS have a strong chance to appear for the UPSC mains 2023 exam.
UPSC Prelims Result 2023 PDF Download
UPSC will publish its result in the month of June and students can access the result through the PDF link which is published by the UPSC. Students can access the link by visiting the upsc website and can download the detailed list of names and role numbers of the candidates shortlisted for the main examination.
Steps to Check your UPSC Prelims 2023 Result
The process of checking the result is very simple:
- Open the official UPSC website at www.upsc.gov.in using your internet browser.
- Scroll down the page until you find the “Results” section.
- Click on the link titled “Result – Civil Services (Prelims) Examinations, 2023.”
- A new page will open, displaying the UPSC Prelims Result 2023 containing the Roll Numbers of candidates who qualified for the Mains Round.
- Either scroll according to your role number or insert your roll number after clicking “Ctrl+F” in the PDF.
- If your Roll Number appears in the list, congratulations! You are eligible to appear in the Mains Exam.
- Finally, download the UPSC Prelims Result 2022 PDF file.
UPSC Exam Cut off
It is important for the aspirants to know the cut off the examination for prelims mains and interview for all categories.
In 2022 exam the cut off are as follows:
|Category||Civil Service (Prelims)||Civil Services (Mains)||Civil Services (Final)|
*Cut off marks on the basis of GS Paper-I only. GS Paper-II was of qualifying nature with 33% marks as per Rule-15 of Civil Services Examination, 2022.
** Subject to 10% marks in each of the seven competitive papers i.e. Essay, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV, Optional-I and Optional-II.
UPSC Prelims Exam result download link
The link to download the UPSC Prelims Result 2023 is now available. As per the UPSC 2023 calendar, the IAS Prelims Exam is scheduled for May 28, 2023, followed by the Main Exam on September 15, 2023. The UPSC released the Prelims exam results in PDF format on June 22, 2022. To download the UPSC Prelims 2023 Result, please check the provided link below:
|Prelims GS Paper 1 – Answer Key||Prelims GS Paper 2 (CSAT) – Answer Key|
|UPSC Daily Current Affairs||UPSC Mains 10 Year PYQ PDF|