Skip to content
- Patronised by the rules of Mysore and continued in British Period too.
- Themes revolve around Hindu gods and goddesses.
- The unique part of these paintings is that they had two or more figures in each painting and one figure predominates all the others in size and colour.
- Use the ‘gesso paste,’ which is a mixture of zinc oxide and Arabic gum. This gives a particular base to the painting that develops sheen on the background.
- They counter it with the use of muted colours that are not so bright to counteract the background.