- Neuromorphic Computing is an approach to computing that is inspired by the structure and function of the human brain.
- The development of neuromorphic hardware aims at mimicking biological synapse that monitors and remembers the signal generated by the stimuli.
Working of Neuromorphic computer
- A neuromorphic computer/chip consists of Artificial Neural Networks comprised of millions of artificial neurons (made from silicon).
- These neurons pass signals to each other in layers, converting input into output through electric spikes or signals, based on the architecture of Spiking Neural Networks.
- This allows the machine to mimic the neuro-biological networks in the human brain and perform tasks efficiently such as visual recognition and data interpretation.