- The scheme was introduced by the Government of India through the amendments made in the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20.
- Rebate of all hidden Central, State, and Local duties/taxes/levies on the goods exported which have not been refunded under any other existing scheme.
- It does not only include the direct cost incurred by the exporter but also the prior stage cumulative indirect taxes.
- Benefits would be provided in the form of transferable duty credit scrip, or in the form of electronic scrip which.
- All exporters irrespective of their status in respect of the goods manufactured in India are eligible. Also, there is no turnover limit criterion to claim the benefit.
- The scheme follows the global principle that the taxes/duties should not be exported and therefore, WTO compliant.
- Under: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Administered by: Department of Revenue
- The scheme is not applicable to- Apparel and made-ups which are benefitted under RoSCTL scheme.